I love a lot of things but there are 55 thing I love most.
Well, that I could come up with in ten minutes that is.
Writer Judy Lee Dunn recently wrote a blog post called ‘Can you name 99 things you love in 10 minutes?’
And It sparked off a wave of reciprocal posts as others did the same exercise.
It sounded like a fun thing to do so I decided to join in.
But my poor brain doesn’t work well under pressure and it came to a dead halt as soon as I put the timer on.
Consequently I only came up with 55 things I love in 10 minutes.
Here they are.
Note that they are not in order of preference.
As I hastened to assure my partner when he peered over my shoulder and noted that ‘time with my partner’ was number 20.
I don’t think he was entirely convinced.
55 Things I Love
- The sound of the ocean
- The smell of coffee
- Curling up in my armchair with a good book
- Walking on the beach
- Travelling to different countries
- A glass of chardonnay at the end of the day
- A hot shower
- BBQ brunches on the beach
- Going to the movies
- Going out for dinner
- Laughing till I cry
- Walking in the door of home after work
- A whole day with no plans or appointments
- Day dreaming
- Browsing in bookshops
- Browsing on the internet
- Spending time with my children
- Time with my partner
- Swimming on a hot day
- Watching waterfalls
- Sleeping in
- Listening to my favourite music
- Live theatre
- The endorphins after a good workout
- Having a massage
- Writing ‘The End.’
- Having my hair washed
- Looking through old photos
- Hanging out in the library
- Riding pillion on a motor bike
- Writing when I’m in the zone
- Discovering a new author
- Writers festivals/conferences
- A healthy bank account
- A gold lotto win
- Watching Latin American dancing
- How I feel after a yoga session
- The smell of meat cooking on a BBQ
- A melt in your mouth steak
- Dinner at home by candlelight
- Reading the week-end newspapers
- Reading a book on the beach
- Having a pedicure
- Falling in love with an item of clothing and finding it’s on sale
- Receiving compliments
- Giving compliments
- Watching old TV shows on you-tube
- Slurping on a mango
Try the exercise yourself.
If nothing else, it will make you appreciate the good things in your life.
Do any of mine resonate with you?
Let me know in the comments below.
Greetings! I’ve been reading your weblog for a while now and finally got the bravery to
go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas!
Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!
Thanks, I appreciate your comments.